[Samba] Cross Subnet WINS?

ganapathy murali krishnan gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Tue May 27 23:58:04 GMT 2003

I have a question about WINS across subnets. I am
*not* interested in cross subnet browsing.

SAMBASERVER is my PDC as well as WINS.
I run "net view \\CLIENT" on a windows machine
A which is on the same subnet as my SAMBASERVER
and everything works fine.
If I run the same command on a windows machine B
on another subnet it does not work. The network
interface on B has been configured to use SAMBASERVER
(rather its IP address) as the WINS server.

I dont know if this is important. But A is on a wired
network, and B is on a wireless network.

- Murali