[Samba] Samba permissions

Curtis Vaughan curtis at npc-usa.com
Tue May 27 20:50:13 GMT 2003

>I have a share setup to allow only a specific group.
>eg.
>[projects]
>	path = /Volumes/iRAID/projects
>	public = NO
>	read only = NO
>	comment = Project Files
>	force directory mode = 0770
>	force create mode = 0770
>	valid users = @projects
>
>the valid users = @group makes it so that the user must be in that
>specific group to enter.
>It is in the smb.conf manual.
>try man smb.conf or find it on your mirror of samba.org
>

>>>snip
>>>

>valid users (S)
>
>    This is a list of users that should be allowed to login to this
>service. Names starting with '@', '+' and '&' are interpreted using the
>same rules as described in the invalid users parameter.
>    If this is empty (the default) then any user can login. If a username
>is in both this list and the invalid users list then access is denied for
>that user.
>    The current servicename is substituted for %S . This is useful in the
>[homes] section.
>    See also invalid users
>    Default: No valid users list (anyone can login)
>    Example: valid users = greg, @pcusers
><<
>
>Kyle Loree
>Rendek Communications
>Kyle at caisnet.com

Great the @group seemed to do the job.

Now another more difficult question.
Accounting group contains user1, user2, user3
These people must have read and write permissions to this directory.
But user4 must have read only permission.
All other users should have no access period.
How would I configure that?

Curtis