[Samba] Doubts about sharing a winprinter

Alfonso A. webmaster at open-code.net
Tue May 27 20:29:05 GMT 2003

Now I used the default kernel with comes with Debian Woody and, when I run the lpadmin command, nothing happens. I got the same problem on Windows 2000. There was no way to configure the printer on GREENDEMON (With W2K installed) using the HP Laserjet IIP driver, but it prints using BLUEDEMON such as a printing server. I used the laserjet in GREENDEMON to send jobs to BLUEDEMON and everything worked.

I guess that I can act in a similar way using Debian, just using the laserjet driver to send jobs to the other computer so it automatically prints the job (as I see, Laserjet IIP is supported by CUPS).

What should I do to do this?

Thanks a lot Kurt.