[Samba] Disabling Password Expiration

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Tue May 27 17:26:15 GMT 2003

Is there any way to DISABLE password expiration in the Samba password
TDB/file?

We're handling password expiration externally, and would manually
change the password on the samba servers as needed by the centralized
password database.

Any thoughts? I thought it might be something "client based" but I just
discovered that my account, which has never logged in using a Windows
machine, was returning NT_STATUS_PASSWORD_EXPIRED, so I know it's not a
"windows-client-set" thing, but something that the server stores.

Any thoughts?