[Samba] Samba 2.2.8a smbd/vfs.c:reduce_name not handling sym links correctly

Thomas Wild at aDog tw at adog.de
Mon May 26 19:30:16 GMT 2003

Hi Eric,

I reported the same problem as you did on Tue May 20 22:12:24 GMT 2003
in this list.

May I ask you if you get any response from the samba org? - I'm not. I
think the same as you, the behavior of the wide links are not the
correct one. It would be better to check the physical location of the
sym-links and compare them. Further I think there is also a possible
buffer overrun in this function?!

(We using quite the same thing with compat-links for Clearcase
envoirement and we can't migrate to 2.2.8a now :( )!

Tnx 4 your short answer in advance.

- Thomas

--
Thomas Wild

Telephones do not have constitutional rights to be accepted!
   - It's better to send me an Email ...