[Samba] Invalid snum error when using [homes]

Jonas Lindholm jlhm at usa.net
Mon May 26 19:00:15 GMT 2003

Hi!

It is impossble to get the [homes] section to work when I setup the
Samba as a PDC for a W2K client.

If I add a specific share for the user name everything is working fine
but when I instead is trying to specify only the [homes] section I get
the "Invalid snum for" in the log file for the W2K client.

I'm using Samba 2.2.8a on Linux.

I've tried to find a solution for this error message on the Web but I
can't find anything that could explain this problem.
I've also read everything I can find how to setup a PDC but I still get
the same error whatever configuration parameters I set in the [global],
[netlogon], [profile] or [homes].

Is there anyone out there that can help me ?

/Jonas Lindholm