[Samba] Don't be afraid to answer this question!!!

Leonardo Rodríguez leonardorleon at cantv.net
Mon May 26 18:18:23 GMT 2003

Hi List,

I really need your help....

I have been working with Samba 2.2.8 configuring it as a PDC with two
members, one with windows XP and the other with RedHat 7.3. So, I have
three machines, one with RedHat 7.3 as a PDC, another with RedHat 7.3 as a
PDC member and another with Windows XP as a PDC member too.

Well, so far I have joined my XP machine and my RedHat machine into the PDC
machine without any problem.

The Windows machine works fine but my RedHat machine doesn't.

The thing is that I can't log into my machine graphically using the PDC
users but I do can log into my machine using the text mode, why does this
happen?

I can see the PDC users in my machine when I run the wbinfo command but
when I try to access a shared folder using the PDC users I can't do it
anyway but in the windows side it works perfectly...

Any clue about it? I'm using the winbind service modifying the
/etc/pam.d/samba file in order to log into my machine using Samba but
without any success...

Another interesting thing is that I could all this using a Windows PDC
instead.... isn't it weird?

What am I doing wrong? What did I miss?

Thanks in advance

Leonardo......