[Samba] Computer cannot join Samba3.0 PDC domain

Chee Wai Yeung cheewai_yeung2003 at yahoo.com.hk
Mon May 26 11:28:43 GMT 2003

Hi:

setup: Samba-3.0alpha24 with OpenLDAP 2.1.20
client: XP

smbclient test with an LDAP user works

But I cannot join the domain PDC (with root, uidNumber
= 0):

1. if I set passwd backend = ldapsam_compat, I got:

Access Denied

2. if I set passwd backend = ldapsam_compat, ldapsam,
I got

No mapping between account names and security IDs was
done.

The machine account was created on the fly
(successfully) by the add machine script parameter.
The idealx script smbldap-useradd.pl (patched with the
samba3 patch posted in the list).

Attached is the ldif of the added computer account,
the error messages (scene 1 above) from log.smbd (I
don't seem to see any errors from scene 2 above in the
log.smbd file), ldap.conf and the smb.conf are here.

I used to get samba 2.2.8a PDC to work (with just
smbpasswd and no LDAP). I am not sure what the problem
is now. Please help

Thanks
Chee Wai