[Samba] problem getting remote printer working

Jeremy Petzold jpetzold at earthlink.net
Sat May 24 20:54:00 GMT 2003

> Sorry, Jeremy,
>
> I can't make my mind up from what you say. Maybe it helps if you
> look at the HOWTOs here?
>
>     http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/
>
> > thanks,
> > Jeremy
>
> Cheers,
> Kurt

well basicly I am trying to set up my OS X machine to be a print server over
Samba to my Debian Laptop.

Samba was installed on OS X already and is properly configured. and I can
browse my shares from my laptop via Komba2(a KDE based Samba share browser)

I can see the printer on Komba2, and CUPS shows the printer as well. the
problem I am having is that when I print, the jobs just go off into oblivion.
I don't get any errors at all and CUPS on my end and on the server end is not
showing any jobs.

Jeremy