[Samba] /var/spool/samba retention period

Chris McKeever cgmckeever at prupref.com
Sat May 24 15:06:17 GMT 2003

> > On Fri, 23 May 2003, _Chris McKeever_ wrote:
> >
> >> man, I thought the list was dead!
>
> I wondered too where Chris acquired the boldness to exclamate
> such a claim.
>
> He must be knowing some other lists, where an answer to any
> question is
> forthcoming within less than 20 hours.

No..I meant it from the standpoint that the day I posted, I didnt recieve
ANY messages from the entire list (not intending to mean responses to my
issue)..and my posts didnt get delived to me till the next day..I meant it
as list server was dead, not the reponse mechanism was dead..2D sarcasm is
tough to view I guess

> > No, the list is not dead. It's just that it would take two
> people full
> > time to keep up with requests to this list and we have incredible
> > difficulty making any team member work on the list given
> the exceptional
> > pay provided!
> >

> Quite right, Jan!
>
> >> anyway, I am running 2.2.8m
>
> This version is unknown to me. Where might he have gotten it, Jan?
>
> >> but I ofund that I needed to add
> >> ;rm %s
> >> to my print command!
> >
> > You are trying to solve a CUPS problem using Samba.
>
> Not quite right here, Jan.
>
> The complaining party pointed at files remaining in
> "/var/spool/samba/"
> (the recommended Samba spool dir), not the ones in "/var/spool/cups/".

I dont feel that I was complaining one bit  ;) .. concerned of the list
_server_ status