[Samba] "Additional Drivers" and Print Window Refresh

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sat May 24 10:35:00 GMT 2003

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu wrote on Samba-Digest:

> Fri May 23 22:07:56 GMT 2003

> On Sat, 24 May 2003, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

>> John's HOWTO Collection will soon include this drafted document:
>>
>>      http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/
>>
>> This one is very much extended and should soon count as the real reference
>> when RTFM-ing   ;-)
>
> Actually, much of the wording is familiar to me... is it just that this is
> an amended version of John's HOWTO, or would I have had to have seen this
> to remember it?

I don't know about what you saw.

The content in John's version is vastly amended (I'd guess going from 38
pages to > 100 is vast). A lot of detailed explanations are now included;
rpcclient with print-related sub-commands to populate [print$] with driver
files is documented for the first time with a lot of examples. Setting the
correct printer device mode is explained and a lot more (it is not yet
finished and polished, but already helped quite some people to get their
print setup working).

Cheers,
Kurt