[Samba] printer driver option

Steve Jen kjen at nms.fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri May 23 22:22:11 GMT 2003

hi Samba folks,

I've recently upgraded from Samba 2.0.7 to 2.2.8a. New smb.conf was
created using SWAT but only for the global parameters. Following these
params are the individual printer entries (cut and paste from old
smb.conf) all of which have "printer driver = <driver>" option included.
I later found out the this option has been deprecated for later
releases.

So going forward, what can I replace this option with? Does it hurt
anything if left alone? We have several different make /model of
printers but seems like it only affects the high-speed printers...prints
an extra page of error after regular print job. Any input is
appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Fujitsu Network Communications
Email : kjen at nms.fnc.fujitsu.com
Phone : 408 895-1506