[Samba] /var/spool/samba retention period

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri May 23 20:30:27 GMT 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003, _Chris McKeever_ wrote:

> man, I thought the list was dead!

No, the list is not dead. It's just that it would take two people full
time to keep up with requests to this list and we have incredible
difficulty making any team member work on the list given the exceptional
pay provided!

> anyway, I am running 2.2.8m but I ofund that I needed to add
> ;rm %s
> to my print command!

You are trying to solve a CUPS problem using Samba. Suggest you check your
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf file. There is an option there to delete spent
entries. The old ones hang around to allow any job to be reprinted.

Check what is the setting of "AutoPurgeJobs", you might be surprised how
helpful that option can be. :)

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra