[Samba] WinXP Home Edition and Samba File Share

Tom McKellips tom at cpty.net
Fri May 23 18:50:22 GMT 2003

I had a similar problem with Windows 2000 what I found was MS was putting
parts the computer into power save. I shut off power management in the BIOS
and in Windows and it has worked fine since.

Tom

On Fri, 23 May 2003 11:13:17 -0700 (PDT), Eric Treu wrote
> I am running Samba 2.2.7 on RedHat 7.3.
>
> I can see the Samba Share on the Peer to Peer Network.  The share
> will stay active for a period of time (different every time) and then
> time out and put a red "x" over the share in My Computer.
>
> The samba share is the company's shared data.  They then need to
> double click the red "x" and re-connect to the samba share.
>
> Annoying!  Windows problem or my configuration of Samba problem?
>
> Can anybody help me?
>
> ET

Internet Service Provided By Abyss Communications
Internet Service only $10 a month
1-866-842-2977