[Samba] Samba and Cups.

Kevin Smith ksmith at perfht.com
Fri May 23 15:54:11 GMT 2003

Message: 5
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:42:55 -0400
From: Michael MacIsaac <mikemac at us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba and Cups.
To: samba at lists.samba.org

>           printing = cups
> I used printconf-tui to set the /etc/printcap

As I understand it, CUPS and /etc/printcap don't mix.  Typically CUPS is
configured with /etc/cups/cupsd.conf (for the daemon, Web interface, etc),
/etc/cups/printers.conf for the printer definitions, /etc/cups/classes.conf
for the class (pool) definitions, etc.
---
I tried it this way to get the share to work. As it stands smbclient -L
firewall doesnt see it. And I inagine it should with cupsd running.

--

So is lpd running or cupsd?  You'll want the cupsd daemon running and then
you should be able to interface via a browser to http://<your.host>:631 -

--

Cupsd *is* running lpd is not , the only problem is I cant seem to get an
"Unable to connect to CUPS server" in /var/log/cups/error_log. and as far as

Thanks.
Kev