[Samba] Maximum Characters in Username

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Fri May 23 11:28:27 GMT 2003

Hi All,

	I would like to find out if there's a limit on the # of characters
in the linux username.

I have a user named "vijayaheela_v" who is unable to map to the home
directory because it's showing up as "vijayasheela_" only.

when I execute smbstatus, the below is the result :

Service      uid      gid      pid     machine
vijayashee   vijayasheela_v product  15171   machine_name (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
Fri May 23 17:55:30 2003

mapping it manually using \\servername\vijayasheela_v works.

The log files doesn't tell me much (log level = 3) only that there's not
such service as "vijayasheela_" cause it's supposed to be "vijayasheela_v"

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Cheers,
Mun Heng, Ow
H/M Engineering