[Samba] Samba PDC + LDAP

Gordon Pritchard gordonp at sfu.ca
Wed May 21 16:22:47 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 21:31, Sathi wrote:

> But still i find problem in adding the machine name.
>
> I am getting following error while trying to add the machine name
>
> # ./smbldap-useradd.pl -w test
> ldapadd: update failed: uid=test$,ou=Computers,dc=xxx,dc=com
> ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
>         additional info: no structural object class provided
> ./smbldap-useradd.pl: error while adding posix account to machine test$

	I'm sorry, I do not know why you are getting this.  you have your samba.schema in place, right?  You were successfully able to add users?  you can take a look at previous entries using 'ldapsearch -x'?  You had smbd running while you tried to add this machine (I think you have to).

	Perhaps try again?  Then, I guess (hate to say this)... Google.  Although, I'm sure someone else on the samba-list would know...

	-Gord