[Samba] Spool directory permissions for printing

Sistemas sistemas at elbolson.gov.ar
Wed May 21 15:42:04 GMT 2003

Hello, I am new to Linux and Samba. I am trying to print from a W98 box to a
Linux printer.
I am using Suse 7.2 and Samba 2.2.8a., and Linux is acting as a PDC.
I created a user in Linux and put it in the users group and the lp group.
The only way I got this user to print was changing the spool directory
permissions (and all the files within it) from 0600 to 0770. BUT when I
restarted Linux today, I got boot warnings saying that these permissions are
incorrect, and they were automatically changed back to 0600. This way I
cannot print. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
LauZ