[Samba] Re: samba Digest, Vol 5, Issue 28

Bas Goes b.e.a.goes at student.utwente.nl
Wed May 21 08:18:38 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 23:26, Jason Williams
<jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com> wrote:

> Message: 31
> Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:19:51 -0700

> My script in smb.conf:
>
> add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w -d /dev/null -c
> "Machine Account" -s /bin/false %u
>
> domain admin group = @Administrators
>
> I created a user called ldapadmin and added the account to the
> Administrators group. I made sure the smbldap-useradd.pl script had root
> Administrators rights to it.

Does the script work anywhere when you log in as root?
If not you might haven't linked the config in your perl dir (read the
INSTALL that comes with the scripts) or it can't authenticate to the
ldap server or something but your shell will tell you this
If it can't authenticate, see if you can do this by hand using the
variables used in the config file of the scripts
The script also sets passwords afaik, so you might be testing that with
smbldap-passwd.pl as user you use in samba to do the account management.
(might be security settings on the scripts as well, again see the
INSTALL instructions)
PS. You needn't have to specify so much, the script does most of this
stuff because of the -w option.

Regards
Bas