[Samba] OT: Sis 900 Ethernet adapter problem

Juan Luis Moyano juanmoyano at yahoo.com.ar
Tue May 20 21:59:54 GMT 2003

Hello All,
I've recenly installed RedHat Linux 9 in my Celvin EasyPC from Fujitsu Siemens. I've  installed the minimal instalation. Video card, mouse, keyboard and everithing was detected and configured properly (I could install the packages in graphical mode). The problem came when I  tried to ping another machine in my home network, all packages were being lost, so I checked at the hub and at the LINK led of the connector at the back of the box and both were off. But the strange thing is that linux can bring up the NIC without any problem. I have also a W98 installed at the same box and the NIC works fine with it. Could anybody please shed some light on this?

Many thanks in advance,

Juan Luis Moyano