[Samba] Samba/Winbind on Solaris 9

Michael MacIsaac mikemac at us.ibm.com
Tue May 20 13:32:35 GMT 2003

> I can make the server work serving out smb shares to W2k domain users,
> but then I can't logon using local accounts.  (ie, I cannot logon to
> the console as root, or ssh as a local user).  Anyone have this problem?

Sounds like a PAM thing.  What is your PAM config file for the module that
invokes NSS (usually /etc/pam.d/system-auth or /etc/pam.d/login)? You may
need a "sufficient" where there is currently a "required" or "requisite".

Also, what does the log file say (/var/log/messages on Linux but Solaris
may have a specific log file for PAM)?  There should be some good hints in
there.

          -Mike MacIsaac, IBM  mikemac at us.ibm.com   (845) 433-7061