[Samba] Login problems

anirban anirban107 at rediffmail.com
Tue May 20 03:59:39 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am using Suse 7.3 as the PDC for my medium sized Domain. I have
configured Samba to authenticate users from Windows 98, Windows
2000 and Windows XP. I do not have any problem to get
authenticated through Win98; but, when I try to login from Windows
2000, I get an error, as CANNOT ACCESS DOMAIN SERVER DUE TO BAD
USER NAME AND PASSWORD. I have created users with the specified
password. I have also mentioned as Encrypted passwords. Also, I
have added the machine names with the $sign.
Please help....

Regards,
Anirban Biswas