[Samba] local master browser

Peter peter at easynix.com
Mon May 19 18:28:21 GMT 2003

Hi list,
I have a network with a Linux server, running samba 2.2.x,
and 10 Workstation. 3 of the workstation are Win2000 and
the rest is Win98 and WinME.
In the logfiles I see that every 10 Minutes the Win2000
Workstations are forcing a election to become the local master
browser for the network. The server wins the election each time
but there is still a small amount of time (maybe 4 minutes) where
the server is not the local master browser and some of the user
encounter interruptions.
Is there anything I can do to stop the elections either in smb.conf
or at the Win2000 Workstation?
I would be thankful for any hint or idea.
Peter

---