[Samba] Win2000 Clients in a Samba DC

Wellerson Amarante linux at tre-mg.gov.br
Mon May 19 14:30:14 GMT 2003

Hi everybody,

I have set up an Samba server as a PDC for Windows 2000 Pro/Windows 98 clients:

I created de machines accounts, the users accounts (both in Linux/Samba), I joined
the machines to the domain. Until here everything went ok.

I log with a user on a W2KPro station e samba authenticates it correctly.
I go to another W2KPro machine and try to log on but I receive messages about the
perfil and netlogon (the network path could not be found)

I've removed and re-added the machine to domain but the problems go on.

See below a piece of my smb.conf:

# Perfis e Diretório Home
# -----------------------
logon home    = \\%L\%U\.profile
# logon home    = \\%L\profiles\%U\.profile
logon drive    = H:
logon path    = \\%L\profiles\%U
logon script    = netlogon.bat
unix password sync   = yes
passwd program    = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat    = "*Digite a nova senha:*" %n\n "*Redigite a nova senha*" \
      %n\n "*Sua senha foi alterada*"
printer admin    = @ntadmin,root

Can someone help me?

Thanks to everybody.