[Samba] New users cannot log on, current users okay

A.J.Dawson A.J.Dawson at Bradford.ac.uk
Mon May 19 11:44:35 GMT 2003

Dear Marian,

Many thanks for your reply - the version of Samba I am using was compiled
from source, so everything is in /usr/local/samba (right?), so I assume I
need to stop Samba, copy the backed-up secrets.tdb over the top of the
one on the server at the moment and then start Samba up again?

smb.conf has remained the same, and so shouldn't need any changes.

I don't have any of the files in /usr/local/samba/var unfortunately as the
disk failed before I could copy them.  Do I need any of the original files
for correct operation of the server?

Regards
Andy