[Samba] permission to subdirectory

jamsonlim jamsonlim at justeducation.com
Mon May 19 11:02:27 GMT 2003

Hello all,

We are new and just install RH 8.0 with samba 2.2.7-5.8.0 as our local file
server on a workgroup basis.

We are trying to create subdirectory with permission but cannot figure out the
right way. We have search the samba list for solution with no luck.

We with to create the following scenario for our account department,

Directory                  personnel
/home/account             account manager
/home/account/folder1     account executive 1
/home/account/folder2     account executive 2
/home/account/folder3     account executive 3

account manager see and access to all subdirectory while respective executive
only see and access to their own subdirectory.

Can someone share their configuration or direction?

Thank in advance.