[Samba] Samba - Problem Connecting PCs

Phil Greenway admin at wenck.com.au
Mon May 19 07:02:30 GMT 2003

Hi,

I want to setup Samba as a new PDC. I followed the instructions on IBM's
site (http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/tutorials/samba/index.html)

The problem I currently have is that Windows 9X boxes can't connect to the
Mandrake 9.1 Bamboo box.

However, I can make connections on localhost to localhost using smbclient
//localhost/share -U username

I've tried a couple of different lines in the smb.conf  such as

hosts allow = 192.168.10.

and

hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.10.0/255.255.255.0

and

hosts allow = 192.168.10.92  (actual PC)

But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Phil Greenway
Systems Administrator

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this Email message maybe
confidential. It is only intended for the recipient named above. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this Email is
unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this Email in error,
please accept our apology for the inconvenience. Would you please notify the
sender so that arrangements can be made for its retrieval or destruction.
Thank you.