[Samba] Problem of accessing Redhat 7.3 from Win2K.

Tao Huang smb_ht at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 07:18:16 GMT 2003

Hi there,

I am new to samba server. I just installed the samba suite (samba, samba-common, samba-client) for Redhat 7.3. After started samba server, I found there is no way for me to access the Redhat machine from Win2K.  From the Win2K machine, I can see the linux machine name under folder 'My network places' , but I always get the error message " \\machine_name is not accessible. The network path was not found" when trying to access the linux machine. On the other hand, everything looks fine on the Redhat machine: smbclient works fine; no problem to access the Win2K machine...

Any body know the solution for the problem? If so, would you share it with me?

Thank you.
Tao