[Samba] No problem to join NT domain, not working for Win2000 Active Dire ctory

Ward, Richard (DNRE/MRNE) Richard.Ward at gnb.ca
Fri May 16 19:34:17 GMT 2003

I had no problem joining my UNIX Solaris 2.6 box to my dept domain on Win
NT, but I can not get it to smbpasswd into the larger govt domain which is
running Active Directory.
When I try to join the Govt Active Directory domain, I get "Error conecting
to GNBDC03.  Unable to join domain GNB.

Running the command:   smbpasswd -j GNB -r GNBDC03 -Uadminid%password

I have my UNIX server in as a server in my container in the GNB domain.  I
can ping GNBDC03 ok.

My particulars are:

[global]
	workgroup = GNB
	netbios name = CL9704
	security = server
	password server = GNBDC03
	dns proxy = No

What can I do to troubleshoot this?  Is there extra options I need for
Win2000 AD?

Richard Ward
Richard.Ward at gnb.ca