[Samba] XP Joining Samba Domain - Cry For Help

Michael MacIsaac mikemac at us.ibm.com
Fri May 16 13:08:52 GMT 2003

> I continue to get 'specified domain does not exist'

Were you able to join clients *other than* Windows XP? I had a similar
symptom, but I got the same result with a Windows 2000 client.

The problem appeared to be Samba. I was using a SuSE SLES-8
samba-2.2.5-60.s390.rpm. I got  the SP2 upgrade CD which has the RPM
samba-2.2.5-78.s390.rpm (which has a lot of 2.2.8 code back ported). I
sparked Samba back up and joining the domain worked fine.

This may be an s390 thing, but if you're not up to the latest Samba this
might be a good excuse to upgrade.

          -Mike MacIsaac, IBM  mikemac at us.ibm.com   (845) 433-7061