[Samba] Win 2000 & XP Printer problem

Ron Bombard ronb at nativetextiles.com
Thu May 15 18:50:55 GMT 2003

Exact same problem with the win2000 PC.

I've tried other types of shared printers, with the same results, but
these specific printers are connected to the network via HP
JETDIRECTs.  I've added them to my spooler on the HPUX unix
machine.   I've added the spooler's printer name into my samba's
printcap file.

These printers now show up on every single win95 or win98 machine
on my network.

The weird part is... if I remove a printer from my network, remove it
from my spooler, remove it from my printcap file.... it disapears from
every computer, except the winXP & 2000 machines.   Still shows up
when you browse for printers.

My brain hurts.