[Samba] Printing into ether

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu May 15 16:06:32 GMT 2003

Look at /var/spool/samba and see if the job gets transferred there.

Use print command = echo "tried to print %s" > /tmp/signal
and see what is in signal.

Look in the samba logs.

Can you print %s from the local host (server)?

Usually, this disappearing act is due to a bad driver, IMHO.

BTW, I do not know anything about cups. It seems like most people with
problems these days with samba printing are using cups.

Joel