[Samba] SAMBA Server Not Seen in Network Brotherhood

Kirk Shimek Kirk.Shimek at trw.com
Wed May 14 16:45:34 GMT 2003

AIX 5.1 / SAMBA 2.2.5

SAMBA server is a host server only (no PDC / WINS etc) in a 2000 AD domain.  All shares can be accessed / authenticated correctly when mapped or called.

But when a client browses MicroSoft Network Neighborhood the server does not show up.  It does show up in Active Directory.  We've still got users that cannot get away from Network Brotherhood usage.

Kirk Shimek Information Systems
Systems Engineer - UNIX Administrator
TRW Automotive
507-457-3750 ext.8241