[Samba] Where to get Adobe Postscript Drivers

Brian Wiese bwiese at hms4emc.com
Tue May 13 21:35:04 GMT 2003

|-----Original Message-----

I asked this recently on the list, got a response, but still am in the same
boat you are now.  I could not find all of the adobe files specified in the
samba howto.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=104897771214074&w=2

|Also, can anyone tell me what is the difference between security = user
|and security = share. I am just testing printing from a Windows 2000
|client with automatic driver download and have smbguest account on the
|samba server. Whenever I set security = user, I can't access the samba
|server from windows client. and setting security = share causes
|cupsaddsmb to fail saying "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME".

'security = user' causes the samba to look to the local smbpasswd file for
user authentication to files/printers on the server.  In this way,
file/shares are only restricted by user and group accounts on the local
machine.  'security = share' I believe allows one to place password
restriction on specific shares, though I have never used it.

|Any help is much appreciated
|Shanti

|--