[Samba] Where to get Adobe Postscript Drivers

Shanti Katta katta at csee.wvu.edu
Tue May 13 21:32:59 GMT 2003

Hi all,
According to Samba 2.2.x HOW-TO:

You need to download them yourself from the Adobe website. Once
extracted, create a drivers directory in the CUPS data directory
(usually /usr/share/cups/). Copy the Adobe files using UPPERCASE
filenames, to this directory as follows:

        ADFONTS.MFM
        ADOBEPS4.DRV
        ADOBEPS4.HLP
        ADOBEPS5.DLL
        ADOBEPSU.DLL
        ADOBEPSU.HLP
        DEFPRTR2.PPD
        ICONLIB.DLL

I could not find ADOBEPSU.HLP from adobe, neither from  "Adobe Universal
PostScript Windows Driver Installer 1.0.6" nor from " PostScript Printer
Driver AdobePS 4.2.6 for Windows 95 and Windows 98". Can anyone be more
specific as to where I can find ADOBEPSU.HLP, because without that file,
cupsaddsmb says "NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL".

Also, can anyone tell me what is the difference between security = user
and security = share. I am just testing printing from a Windows 2000
client with automatic driver download and have smbguest account on the
samba server. Whenever I set security = user, I can't access the samba
server from windows client. and setting security = share causes
cupsaddsmb to fail saying "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME".

Any help is much appreciated
Shanti