[Samba] SAMBA with DOMAIN and SHARE security

Riccardo Raffaelli riccardo at rimini.com
Tue May 13 17:01:07 GMT 2003

Hi everyone.
Is it possible to have a Samba configured with security=DOMAIN, but
still validate some local SMB users as in security=SHARE?

I tryed on my box: the authentication by domain is working fine, but
when i try from another machine (not in domain) with a local unix user ,
the auth fails and log reports: [2003/05/13 18:48:55, 0]
smbd/password.c:domain_client_validate(1621)
  domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user test in
domain MYDOMAIN to Domain controller myserver. Error was
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER.

If i retry, fails again, but logs:
[2003/05/13 18:49:56, 0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:build_sam_account(1194)
  build_sam_account: smbpasswd database is corrupt!  username test not
in unix passwd database!

Any suggest?

Bye
R2