[Samba] cli_pipe: return critical error. Error was Call returnedzerobyte(EOF), hilfe!

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Tue May 13 16:54:41 GMT 2003

Hi Kurt,

     I've read the new document. It's a very fine
     piece of technical documentation. However, it
     doesn't help me in the present predicament.
     Going now by this book I'm only getting more
     frustrated. What are your versions of Samba,
     CUPS(?), OS, and Printer again?

2.2.8a, 1.1.18, SuSE 8.2 w/2.4.20-62, Lexmark C720

     I'm stuck!

  I would try to reproduce it here, if you tell me
  where I can get the driver files. Do you see a
  possibility to place them somewhere for me to
  download.

I can upload the bunch on an FTP server and send you
access details per separate mail but I don't think you
can reproduce the problem. It has nothing to do with
the data. I'm actually looking for pointers as to
where to look next.

     For example adding driver with rcpclient
     invariably ends in "Segmentation fault"
     (Signal 11)

  I am currently seeing Segmentation faults (on
  2.2.7a) also with various rpcclient commands (for
  ex. "level" 2 or 3 subcommands for enumprinters
  and enumdrivers...). However, adddriver|setdriver
  work....

     immediately
     after pop_sec_ctx, whose push counterpart was
     invoked before a long series of opening and
     closing all normal files in W32X86/3.

  Have you tried to install the Windows NT driver
  which goes into "W32X86/2/"

No. What difference would it make? My clients are
all W2Ks.

    This is the command I used:
       rpcclient -d 4 -Uroot -c 'adddriver \
       "Windows NT x86" \
       "lp:\

  Just a crazy idea: try to name the thing to something
  other than "lp"....

Doesn't make any difference.

       lexpsnt3.dll:\
       OPC720.PPD:\
       LEXPSNTU.DLL:\
       LEXPSNT.HLP:\
       NULL:\
       LEXPSLNG.DLL,LEXDRVX.DLL,LEXFNTRC.DLL,\
       LEXPSHOW.HLP,LEXPSNT.CNT,PTGUIW32.DLL,\
       PTRESW32.DLL,PTAPIW32.DLL,LEXMV95.HLP,\
       DRVNPANT.DLL,LEXDRVIN.EXE,LEXPSNT.ALL,\
       OPTRASBM.DLL,SC1275BM.DLL,K1220BM.DLL,\
       OC1200BM.DLL,OC40BM.DLL,OC45BM.DLL,\
       E855BM.DLL,W810BM.DLL,W820BM.DLL,M410BM.DLL,\
       T61XBM.DLL,T62XBM.DLL,C710BM.DLL,C720BM.DLL,\
       C750BM.DLL,C910BM.DLL,E32XBM.DLL,LMPCLTHK.DLL,\
       LEXCFI.DLL,LEXEDF.DLL,LEXPPDS.ZIP,PTZIPW32.DLL,\
       LEXUNST.ZIP"' p90
  Gosh! That is a long list (34) of "Dependentfiles"!
  Did they integrate a sound driver to tell you that
  the job is ready?!

It eMails a snapshot of the piled paper begging to be
picked up from the tray when the job is done.

Seriously, Kurt, isn't there a backdoor to tdb files?
Can't I just poke the necessary entries with an hex
editor? It's just a replacement for registries. The
rpcclient utility has the problem, not samba.

Cheers
Dragan