[Samba] Re: Re: Re: cant ping winbind!

kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be
Tue May 13 11:29:46 GMT 2003

>  Could not look up dc's for domain SCIENCEU
>[2003/05/13 14:08:59, 3]
>nsswitch/winbindd_cm.c:get_connection_from_cache(406)
>  Could not open a connection to SCIENCEU for
>\PIPE\lsarpc (NT_STATUS_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND)
Hmmm, it's still not finding the PDC. Here's what you can do:
- stop smbd, nmbd and winbindd (make sure they are really dead)
- delete the samba from the PDC (using the Management Console)
- delete the secrets database (on my debian it's sitting at /var/lib/samba/)
- join the domain again SCIENCEU, not SCIENCEU.ORG
- start the daemons again (smbd, nmbd and winbindd with -d 10)
- try to ping the winbindd