[Samba] Re: cant ping winbind!

kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be
Tue May 13 09:10:12 GMT 2003

>[2003/05/13 12:03:13, 3]
>nsswitch/winbindd_cm.c:get_connection_from_cache(406)
>  Could not open a connection to SCIENCEU.ORG for
>\PIPE\lsarpc (NT_STATUS_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND)

You can't ping winbind, because it fails to connect to the PDC.
- did you put the correct name for the PDC in smb.conf?
    password server = <MyPDC>
- can you ping the PDC from the Linux with the name as configured in smb.conf?
    ping MyPDC
- from your log it appears the SCIENCEU.ORG is your PDC, are you sure this is a PDC, i.e. not an ordinary NT/Win2000 box?

P.S.: Always put samba mailing list in cc. You're helping other people cc'ing mail to the list as the list is archived and searchable by all people using the WWW. My mailbox isn't.