[Samba] windows printer queue display fails

Christoph Litauer litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Tue May 13 08:44:33 GMT 2003

I am driving a Suse 8.2 linux with cups 1.1.18 and samba 2.2.7a.

The problem:
The host serves several printers via cups. If some jobs are in one of
the queues "lpq -Pprinter" or "lpstat -o printer" shows up the complete
listing. Fine.
Connected to the same print queue from a Windows (XP/NT/98/2k) box I
cannot see the complete listing. Sometimes I see some of the jobs, most
of the times I don't see any.
Executing "lpq -S printhost -P printer" on the W2k host gives correct
results.
I connected via smbclient to the (samba-)printer, did a "queue" command
- same result, no or not all jobs are displayed.

My smb.conf (the relevant parts):
[global]
          workgroup = UNIKO
          netbios name = PRINTHOST
          security = SERVER
          encrypt passwords = Yes
          password server = tricia
          time server = Yes
          unix extensions = Yes
          socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
          character set = ISO8859-15
          os level = 2
          veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
          printing = sysv
          printcap name = /etc/printcap

[printers]
          comment = All Printers
          path = /var/tmp
          create mask = 0600
          printable = Yes
          lpq command = /usr/bin/lpstat -o %p
          guest ok = no
          browseable = No

The problem still appears even if I change
	printing = cups
(and yes, my smbd is compiled against cups).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards
Christoph Litauer
Christoph Litauer                  litauer at uni-koblenz.de
Uni Koblenz, Rechenzentrum,        http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer
Postfach 201602, 56016 Koblenz     Fon: +49 261 287-1311, Fax: -100 1311
PGP-Key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~litauer/public-key.html