[Samba] Avoiding Local Profiles w/ samba as PDC
dsrelist at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 01:20:37 GMT 2003
I feel certain that this is a iterating question, but
I have yet to find a correct answer. I am hoping that
someone can point out how to use samba as a PDC with
roaming profiles in the following manner...
- First time logon results in a complete copy of
the server profile to the local client.
- During the session the local profile is modified.
- The logout does some time consuming sync of the
local profile and the server profile.
- Local profile does not exist
- Logon reads profile from server, like a share
- During the session, the profile is changed on the
server, still no local profile exists
- The logout has no need to waste time doing a sync
Is this setup even possible? If so is this a
limitation of Windows or Samba? I look forward to
your reply. Thanks.
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
More information about the samba