[Samba] Problems adding print drivers

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon May 12 23:08:13 GMT 2003

Corey McGuire wrote:

> Well, I turned off the "security=" option, and everything is peachy.

Now that's interesting.

However, you can't *disable* it. Most likely you had "security = share".
If you comment out that line from smb.conf, Samba will fall back to its
compiled-in default, which is "security = user".

Please check for the actually used setting with the root command

    testparm | grep "security"

(hit ENTER twice!!). I remember to have helped solve this problem in
the past -- but that's when people posted their smb.conf settings containing
their "security = share" setting. I keep forgetting about it when I see
that UNSUCCESSFUL messages.

Could you please confirm or reject my assumptions?

Cheers,
Kurt