[Samba] home directory error with Win2k PDC users

Leonardo Rodríguez leonardorleon at cantv.net
Mon May 12 20:29:14 GMT 2003

Hi List,

I just installed Samba 2.2.8a in a RedHat 7.2, I configured it as a domain
member using Winbind and everything worked fine. I can list my users in the
domain and the groups too, I can do a telnet connection using the domain
users and I can map a shared folder from windows but the main problem is
this:

When I look for the computer in the network neighborhood I can see the user
home directory but I can't access it.... I get this error:

\\machine\user  is not accessiable.
The network name cannot be found.

In fact, the user home directory is not created in the Linux box home
directory

I can't do this since I upgraded my Samba version, I think that the problem
is in the pam.d/ directory because the samba script doesn't appear in that
directory.

I could do it before 'cause the samba script did appear in that directory
and It had the option:
session    required     /lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/samba/skel
umask=0022
which allow created the home directory for a new remote user...

Besides, all of my paths changed now I have to look for the smb.conf in the
/usr/local/samba/lib/ path.... I guess the same happen with the pam.d
situation...

So, How can I get again my pam samba script working?
Is there another way to figure this out?

If it helps here is the main part of my smb.conf....

winbind uid = 10000-65000
winbind gid = 10000-65000
template homedir = /home/windows/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/bash