[Samba] Samba 2.2.8a on RedHatLinux 8.0

Nadia Parkar nparkar at umich.edu
Mon May 12 19:46:02 GMT 2003

I have installed Samba2.2.8a on a RedHatLinux 8.0 server. After trying
several different changes to the 'smb.conf' file and several other
tests I still cannot see the samba Server from the windows XP and
windows 2000 client. When I run smbclient -L localhost this is what I
get:

added interface ip='ip address of my host'  bcast=x.y.z.255(actual
numbers instead of 'x' 'y' 'z')  nmask=255.255.254.0
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MYGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.8a]

         Sharename      Type      Comment
         ---------      ----      -------
         IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (Samba Server)
         ADMIN$         Disk      IPC Service (Samba Server)
         printer1         Printer
         printer2         Printer

         Server               Comment
         'Name of linux8.0 server'           Samba Server

         Workgroup            Master
         this section has name of other servers in the same domain
including mine, except the name of the workgroup is not what I set in
the 'smb.conf' file.

I am attaching the smb.conf file that I have if that could be of
further help in helping me:-)