[Samba] Samba as PDC

Ronald James ronald at atcdm.com
Mon May 12 17:51:26 GMT 2003

Can someone please help me

I have gone through the howto step by step

hereis my config file

[global]

    ; Basic server settings
    netbios name = POGO
    workgroup = ATCDM

    ; we should act as the domain and local master browser
    os level = 64
    preferred master = yes
    domain master = yes

    ; security settings (must user security = user)
    security = user

    ; encrypted passwords are a requirement for a PDC

    encrypt passwords = yes
; support domain logons
    domain logons = yes

    ; where to store user profiles?
    logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u

    ; where is a user's home directory and where should it
    ; be mounted at?
    logon drive = H:
    logon home = \\sambaoffice\%u

    ; specify a generic logon script for all users
    ; this is a relative **DOS** path to the [netlogon] share
    logon script = logon.cmd

; necessary share for domain controller

[netlogon]
    path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
    read only = yes
    write list = ntadmin
; share for storing user profiles

[profiles]
    path = /export/smb/ntprofile
    read only = no
    create mask = 0600
    directory mask = 0700

When I try logon on my windows 2000 computer and I put the username and
password in off root, it keeps saying that the computer could not be
added as specified user does not exist. I have added root to smbpasswd
etc.

Please can someone help me with what I am doing incorrectly.

Thanks