[Samba] Upgrading Samba

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Mon May 12 16:28:30 GMT 2003

Hello everyone!

I just have a quick question. More or less a question and some advice seeking.

Right now, I am currently setting up a Samba server to run as a PDC in our
intranet. I am currently using 2.2.7-5 with Red Hat 8.0.

I am extremely excited for Samba 3.0 to come out. I know that it most
likely, the stable release will be out in a month or so? With that in mind,
and being that I am running 2.2.7-5, how would one upgrade his PDC to 3.0?
Bear in mind that my PDC is going to be mission critical, so I need to make
sure that when I do upgrade, I can quickly upgrade to 3.0 and go about our
daily routine.

First: What recommendations does anyone have about upgrading Samba?

Second: Any potential problems upgrading Samba 2.2.7-5 on a PDC to Samba 3.0?

I appreciate everyones input.

Best,

Jason