[Samba] Re: SWAT problem

Manuel_Casoluengo at cotyinc.com Manuel_Casoluengo at cotyinc.com
Mon May 12 13:50:06 GMT 2003

Why don't you try to install webmin??, It is very easy to install, check if
Swat and Samba start when you restar you linux box ( check you xined.d), if
they do, download webmin and install it ( tar.....etc, then ./configure,
then make, then, make install ), once It was installed get into
http://yourlinuxIP:10000.
example: http://10.2.23.1:10000
there you will see samba module, inside this You will be able to get into
swat.
Ok
Hope I can help You

Manuel Casoluengo Villanueva
Network Administrator Mexico
Coty Inc.
www.coty.com
Office:  +011525-54494260
fax:       +011525-54494249
mailto:manuel_casoluengo at cotyinc.com

This message is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
distribution or copying of the information contained in this message is
strictly unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message from
your system.  Opinions, conclusions, or other statements in this message
which do not relate to the business of Coty Inc., its subsidiaries or
affiliates, are neither given nor endorsed by Coty Inc.

                    SoloCDM <deedsmis at aculink.net>
                    Enviado por:                                             Para:   "Samba (Request)" <samba at samba.org>
                    samba-bounces+manuel_casoluengo=cotyinc.com at lists        cc:
                    .samba.org                                               Asunto:      [Samba] Re: SWAT problem

                    09/05/2003 06:07 p.m.
                    Por favor, responda a SoloCDM; Por favor,
                    responda a "Samba (Request)"

On Wed, 7 May 2003, manjulam wrote:

> I have installed Samba 2.2.8a on RedHat Linux release 8.0.
> Installation went fine. I can see my Linux machine from other
> windows/UNIX machines.
>
> But, I am not able to configure samba using SWAT.
> I have created a file /etc/xinetd.d/swat. An entry for swat exist in
> /etc/services. When I open my browser(Mozilla), with
> http://localhost:901 it is failing in connection.

I found /usr/sbin/xinetd didn't exist, but /usr/sbin/xinetd-2.3.0 did.
Fortunately, a simple link (ln -fvs <original> <link>) was needed.

The following "netstat -pant | egrep -ie swat" will show swat
operational on the server side after you activate
/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd restart.

--
Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list address and my email address in To: and/or Cc: with

                                   _____