[Samba] Question regarding mounting Samba share from Linux

Michael Gegerfelt, Ver4 michael at ver4.com
Sun May 11 12:43:46 GMT 2003

Hi all

I have three computers, two GNU/Linux boxes and one Windows XP computer.
One of the Linux boxes is acting Samba server to the XP box and the
other Linux box. When I'm mounting SMB shares from the XP computer
everything works nicely. Also when mounting SMB shares form the Linux
box that the XP computer provides everything works great too.

But, when I try to mount a share from my Linux computer I get a timeout
error indicating that the server did not respond.
I get a login message before it times out so I have a connection.

I guess the problem lies in the encrypted passwords I'm using.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I have googled a lot but
been unable to find a solution..

Yours sincerfully

Michael G.