[Samba] Winbind + KDE + GNOME

Patrick Gunerud slu at firerun.net
Sun May 11 02:04:20 GMT 2003

This may be too late, but I found another way to do this that dose not
require adding entries to the /etc/passwd file.  If you use primarily
one domain then add the "winbind use default domain = yes"  to the
smb.conf file.  This will allow using just the username and not the
DOMAIN+user to login.  With that option set gdm will allow the user to
login jut fine.

Hope this helps.

Patrick