[Samba] wbinfo -u is returning 0xc0000022

Craig Herring cherring at nbbc.edu
Fri May 9 03:42:47 GMT 2003

I've never used debian before but with RH 9.0 your config looks OK.  I have a couple linux servers running pretty well.  I tried your config with RH7.3 and got the same errors.  I know there are some libraries that the later versions of samba depend on to make all that stuff work integrating with a domain.  I think one of the libraries are 'libacl'.  I'll let you know if I find anything...

If you configure pam_smb_auth.so you should be able to authenticate this way.
In my system-auth file I have added:
auth sufficient pam_winbind.so use_first_pass
auth sufficient pam_smb_auth.so use_first_pass
session required pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0077

in my smb.conf (important to the subject here)
security = DOMAIN
add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -d /home/%D/%U %u

nsswitch.conf (need this for winbind)
passwd files winbind
shadow files winbind
group files winbind

This will get samba to automatically create a user in your passwd file.  I have the winbind stuff too but doesn't work for RH73.  However with RH9 users can connect remotely or log in locally it will auto create their home dir with skel profile.

Hope this helps a little :-)

Craig Herring